Monday, November 3, 2014

Summary of Citations
I decided to blog about my future career field, marketing. Marketing has a checkered past, from blatantly lying in advertisements to the use of subliminal messages marketing is seen as an undisputed evil in the world. This is completely false, it is not the act of marketing that is bed it is the malicious intentions of  a few marketers that give the whole profession a negative connotation. I found sources that support the good, the evil, and look at both sides. These three sources excellently provide support for both sides of the argument. They provide examples of the wrong-doings of past marketing and advertising, and go into depth describing the good and bad behind these actions. The surprising part of the analysis provided by these sources is where they explain the human error factor in each marketing blunder. Each source tells how the mistakes of a few allowed horrible mistakes to slip through the cracks and this provides very useful information that can be used in my blogging. Over-all the three sources I chose provide interesting perspective on the topics that I had not originally thought of while brainstorming for this blog. These insights will make my blog quite a bit more intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment